Here is just a draft of the facilities on the island for the first time visitors.
Map has just been drawn and the idea is to fill it with the list of facilities available for each location. This is just a start- info for the tourist to help them arround.
View What / where on Rab in a larger map
- the biggest beaches are marked on the map above.
Island Rab offers a variety of beaches to suit every taste; from rocky cristal coves surrounded by wood park Kalifront, Pudarica pebble shores scented with aromatic herbs that grow in the area to the paradise beach with shallow waters and long sandy shores for children and non-swimmers, to mention just a few..
Overview by location and facilities;
- Suha Punta Kampor , coves and nudist beach Kandalora, taxi boats, tennis courts, jogging partways, mini golf, enclosed nudist beach Frkanj
- Kampor - sandy beach Mel with a restaurant and caffe bar
- Supetarska Draga; Dumici small sandy beach or coves on the northern side
- Banjol; 3 Padova bays streching along the coast, with promenade and shallow beaches. Beach bar on padova 2 bay and more services at the 3rd bay with the camping; paragliding, tennis, restaurant, pedalina, playground,showers and facilities
- Barbat - Pudarica beach with Santos beach bar and night club, Topolino eco household with home products
- Palit and town Rab; beaches stretching along St. Eufemia bay with taxi-boat line to peninsula accross the bay with naturist and regulr beaches of fascinating beauty. Caffe bars and a simple restaurants. Children's playground in Palit.
- Lopar; numerouse sandy beaches, easily accessible ones are in the old Lopar part ( shallow beach with beach bar) or tourist and sports centre San marino with the famopuse Paradiso beach ( lots of services; boat rent, taxi boats, paragliding, pedalina, tennis, mini golf, shower and changing screens, toilettes, sun deck chairs)
SPORTS facilities on the island:
- Diving centres, nautical / boat rent, jet ski, boat repairs and maintanance
- beach valleyball in Lopar
- water skiing
- every village has elementary shop(s) and bakery, hair-dressers
Bigger supermarkets; DIONA in Palit and PETRA in Banjol
Vegetable and fish market: PC Mali Palit - open 06-12h daily
SOUVENIERS - mostly in the old town and in San Marino Lopar,
local home made products on the square in PC Mali Palit
BANKS and cash points: only in town Rab, Lopar and PC Mali Palit
- taxi stations in harbour by hotel istra, by the bus station in PC Mali Palit or pick up on call 00385 51 724955
- local main bus station is located in PC Mali Palit near the old town, here you can get a bus schedule
- any travel / tourist agency - see http://www.kristofor.hr/
TIC centres; on the Municipium square in old town, in Mali Palit, in Lopar
A frequent quation of an tourist, specially if the day is cloudy is what can they do here; so here a couple of suggestions;
-visit Geo- park on island Rab; there are two trails: Kalifront-Dundovo wood and Fruga valley, both with old Premuzic parths. This can be half-day or a whole day activity. not suitable for elderly and children bellow 5
- monuments and sights sightseeing in the old town of Rab - 2-3h sightseeing - to experience and learn use the service of a local guide instead of going arround with a basic guide.
- trekking to Kamenjak - this can also be a whole day or half-day activity. not suitable for elderly and children bellow 5
- families with children: horse riding in Palit, children's outdoor playpark Boscopini, animation in San marino tourist village in Lopar ( seasonal activities).
- long walks along the seaside promenades or biking to Kalifront
- be creative on holidays and make your own souveniers
Enjoy your stay.