Prior reading will definitely prepare you for your visit and for sights awaiting. Essential part of any holiday is of course a good sightseeing tour, usually with an experienced local tourist guide. Of course, You can do it on your own, what will give you the freedom to spend as much time as you want at any given point and to interact with the locals you come across. However, engaging a guide will definitely give you better insight into the destination, its most important sights, history, culture and heritage.
Useful travel informations about the island of Rab is available online with the local travel agent destination guide .
GROUP or Individual SIGHTSEEINGS - GUIDED TOURS
The tours are organised with the local licenced guide and own transport or transport hire. Guides available for english speaking and deutsch speaking groups.
Transportation hire on timely arrangement.
- Rab tour 1: simple Town Rab sightseeing tour with an official english speaking guide, visiting historical sights, duration 2 -3 h, easy walking, some stairs. This tour is ideal for general public, covers all the main monuments and sights, gives great insight into local heritage with emphasis on architecture and most important historical events and legends.
- Rab tour 2: Town Rab sightseeing + promenade seaside walk and visit to franciscan monastery St. Eufemia. Duration cca 09- 17h, easy walking. Option: lunch in a local restaurant on request with prior booking or picknic. For general public.
- Rab tour 3: Town Rab sightseeing + trekk to Kamenjak hill. Duration cca 09-17h, with some free time. Medium demanding, expected good walking condition. Option: lunch in a local restaurant on request with prior booking or picknic. Ideal for activity orientated.
- Rab tour 4: Town Rab sightseeing + trekk to Frkanj peninsula and Dundovo/Kalifront woods. Duration cca 09-18h, medium demanding, expected good walking condition. Option: lunch in a local restaurant on request with prior booking or picknick. Ideal for activity orientated.
- Rab tour 5: Town and island Rab day tour - town sightseeing + island visit
Transport: van or bus hire or your own. Duration cca 09-18h,
Optional: lunch in a local restaurant on request with prior booking or picknick/lunchbox.
For general public, not demanding.
- morning: town sightseeing
- afternoon: visit to different villages and locations on the island; Kampor franciscan monastery, ww2 memorial, Suha Punta tourist village, Supetarska Draga and St. Peter's church, Lopar sandy beaches. This is ideal tour for first-time visitors to introduce the island to the group.
- Rab tour 6: Town Rab sightseeing + Lopar to Supetarska Draga trekk. Duration cca 09-18h, demanding, expected good walking condition. Transport: van or bus hire or own. Option: lunch in a local restaurant on request with prior booking or picknick. Ideal for trekking orientated.
- Rab tour 7: day trip by boat with a local fisherman - net pulling fishing, simple luch on board. Only for a group of min. 35 people. Grade: easy to medium demanding. Ideal for activity orientated.
- Rab escort on request.
All excursions are accommpanied by a guide.
-->> For cruiseship group visits are tailored fitting shorter programms ( 5-6h duration per visit or shorter). <<--
- May- oct. : half-day or day trips for smaller groups with local skipper on request
- June - Oct.: group day trips: Pag, Losinj, Robinson, Around island with Goli, closed groups on request only, otherwise after the weekly programme as available.
Town Rab history walk - 1,5- 2 h town walk with reflections on Rab's history. Tour is ideal for general public, covers all the main monuments and sights. Gives great insight into local heritage with emphasis on architecture and most important historical events and legends.
CONNTACT THE AGENT for your group arrangements.
Available for small groups ( 1-8 people), either of the town or the whole island, with prior arrangement. Either with your transport, hiring the transport localy or work out arround public transport.
Variations for smaller groups or individuals, Specific walks:
- Historical town walk - sighseeing major sights with the introduction to local history, heritage and culture, with emphasis on architecture and most important historical events and legends.
- Photowalks: town sights through the lens or hidden island scenary with local guide. Requirements:- qood walking shoes and a photo-camera- basic photography knowledge. You will be taken to rural parts of the island and will have opportunity to photograph animals, plants and fascinating nature/ landscape motives. If desired, major panorama points will be covered too.
- Thematic walks - after particular interests.- Botanical walk along the town parks and promenade
- Promenade walk to franciscan monastery with visit to the ethno- and treasure archive.
Tips for a good sighseeing:
- choose morning or afternoon hours for commfort
- take your photocamera with you but respect people's privacy and ask for permition to take a photo of someone
- dress comfortably but decently, specially if visiting sacral sights
- wear comfortable shoes
SPECIAL PACKAGES FOR SMALL GROUPS from 1-3 persons, group of 4-8 or group 14-16 people
April to June and September to November
NEIGHBOURHOOD AREA - DAY EXCURSIONS:- NP Plitvice Lakes ( 170 km, bus tour, regular July/ August, early season on availability, also organised by van for smaller parties)
- NP Paklenica ( 60 km, bus or van tour, on request)
- Opatija & Rijeka ( 120 km, bus or van, on request )
- NP Sjeverni Velebit / Zavizan ( 60 km, bus or van tour, on request)
Arranged with prior requests only.
- MAKE ARRANGEMENT - CONNTACT THE GUIDE: